Posted by Cilla Utne
We are excited to announce the launch our new travel series – Cross Cultural Journeys Signature Experiences!
CCJ Signature Experiences are unique.
These journeys may not be for everyone. Building on the important pillars and cornerstones of Cross Cultural Journeys and our sister organization Cross Cultural Journeys Foundation, there are some familiar themes that are re-occurring from our close to three decades of travel, as well as some new, self-reflective activities.
Several signature components will go into each trip:
1. Cilla, President of CCJ as your journey leader. I’m so excited to launch this series! These experiences will be facilitated by Yours Truly – yes, ME! I draw from two decades as a cross-cultural trainer and world traveler who is passionate about intercultural exchanges. I partner with with a local, bi-lingual in-country guide to create a in-depth cultural exploration.
2. Daily Reflection Circles.
You will have a chance for daily contemplation, reflection and dialogue with your fellow travelers about how the culture shows up for you. What do you learn? What surprises you? What challenges you? Most importantly – what do you love about it?
3. Immerse yourself into the local community. We are connecting with the local people, on a human-to-human level, so that we can learn directly from them in their own culture. We seek to understand, before we try to be understood. We are open to learn about cultural differences and new experiences.
4. Travel in a smaller group. We will cap these trips at 12 people, to keep it to an intimate environment where individual attention and self-reflection are important aspects of each day.
5. Stay with the locals. Travelers stay in rustic, but clean and comfortable accommodations, that are locally owned and run by the people in the town or village. In some cases, they could be boutique style, smaller hotels; and in some cases, even home stays. We will avoid large, ‘cookie cutter’ hotels, to the extent it is possible.
6. Eat what they eat. We will visit locally owned restaurants; that serve nutritious and healthy foods rooted in the cooking traditions and flavors of the host culture.
7. Learn from indigenous roots. Whenever possible, or journeys include a connection with its’ indigenous culture and people. We learn from their original practices and find out how they connect to themselves, their land, and their spiritual ceremonies, beliefs and rituals.
Our signature experiences will allow for:
…a spacious itinerary where we first and foremost will “follow the breadcrumbs” and serendipity of each moment
… space for openness and understanding of people in other cultures, their way of living, understand their hardships, as well as what brings them joy
…space for lingering when we discover a cultural gem
…space for contemplation and introspection about how this experience is enriching your life or transforming your ideas, on your own, and with your fellow travelers
… space for developing conversations and connections to enrich your life forever
….openness to the magic, mystery and serendipity that so often happens when you surrender yourself in the experience of the unfamiliar
…. space for authentic connection, dialogues you’ve never had before
….provide an opportunity to enter into conversations you’d never have the chance to have before, with people in your daily life at home
….a lifelong connection with the people and their culture, that from this day on will form an important part of your life’s fabric of experiences.
If you think you are the kind of world traveler who would enjoy our CCJ Signature Experiences, please call our office (800) 353-2276 today to ask what we have coming up, or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will look forward to hearing from you!