Turkey, Worldview Explorations™
Weaving History and Mysticism
September 12-24, 2014 $4,779
Cross Cultural Journeys and the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) offer travelers a seamless, 12-day journey through the sacred, ancient sites of Turkey. Through the lens of the IONS Worldview Explorations approach, CCJ offers unique access to Turkey’s historical, philosophical and spiritual heartbeat. It is our privilege and pleasure to directly connect you to a diverse spectrum of extraordinary people who practice their traditions and thrive at Turkey’s cultural and spiritual crossroads.
For as long as humans have existed, we have been called to celebrate and explore our essential interconnectedness with each other and the earth. We invite you to participate in an intimate, dynamic exchange with the people of Turkey – their rituals, their philosophies and beliefs. Leap into the mystical melting pot of the Turkish country, which is the actual cradle of the Turkish, Byzantine, Roman, Greek, Lydian, Phrygian and Hittite civilizations – and see what happens!
We take time for optional contemplation and discussion at the ancient Temple of Artemis in Sardis and Temple of Diana (Artemis) in Ephesus. Both sites hark back to mystical traditions celebrating feminine energies and goddesses as early as 10,000 BC. We visit Gobekliepe, the oldest known open-air sanctuary in the world, predating Stonehenge by 6,000 years. We experience the profoundly moving tradition of Whirling Dervishes – performed by men and women together; witness the shamanic ritual dances of the Alevite Moslems; meet and work with the Bakshi, who use music, dance and trance to heal and to cure. Amidst all these connections, encounters and reflective moments, experience the peaceful gem that is the Renaissance Church of Chora; pay homage at the beautiful Hagia Sophia – the Church of Divine Wisdom and a center of worship for centuries; take a stroll through the market at Urfa to the alleged birthplace of the Prophet Abraham.
For 22 years, CCJ has pioneered and championed a unique framework and ethos of travel to grow our vision of developing a meaningful relationship between our guests and the people, culture and environments we visit. Our finely honed itinerary is the result of CCJ’s two-year collaboration with the IONS institute, starting with our pilot trip to Cuba in 2012. The Worldview Explorations project at IONS is designed to shift our perspective on life, creating new possibilities for how we engage with each other and the world.
Trip Highlights Include:
- The ancient Goddess temples
- The Cosmic Dance of the Whirling Dervishes
- The Shamanic ritual dances of the traditional Alevite Moslems
- The Moslem mystics who focus on dream interpretation
- Visit an Alevite Moslem Temple where men and women perform a ritual round dance in the name of God. After the Master will welcome questions.
- Experience Turkish Music and Movement Therapy for healing, and the shamanic Bakshi Dance.
- On one of the nights in the countryside we will gather for a dream interpretation session.
- Visit the oldest known and recently discovered open air sanctuary of the ancient world, Göbeklitepe, pre-dating Stonehenge by 6,000 years
- Visit Cappadocia where early Christians worshipped and were forced to hide from Roman persecution underground
If you would like to sign up for this journey, or if you would like to request more information, please call (800) 353-2276 or (415) 332-0682, or email email@example.com.